Better remain silent, better not even think, if you are not prepared to act.
Yoga is a science, and not a vague dreamy drifting or imagining. It is an applied science, a systematized collection of laws applied to bring about a definite end. It takes up the laws of psychology, applicable to the unfolding of the whole consciousness of man on every plane, in every world, and applies those rationally in a particular case. This rational application of the laws of unfolding consciousness acts exactly on the same principles that you see applied around you every day in other departments of science.
O hidden life, vibrant in every atom;
O hidden light, shining in every creature;
O hidden love, embracing all in Oneness;
May each, who feels himself as one with Thee,
Know he is also one with every other.
The Self in you is the same as the Self Universal. Whatever powers are manifested throughout the world, those powers exist in germ, in latency, in you…. If you realize the unity of the Self amid the diversities of the Not-Self, then Yoga Will not seem an impossible thing to you.
Never forget that life can only be nobly inspired and rightly lived if you take it bravely and gallantly, as a splendid adventure in which you are setting out into an unknown country, to face many a danger, to meet many a joy, to find many a comrade, to win and lose many a battle.
Topics: Courage, Living, Action
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Helena Blavatsky Ukrainian-born American Theosophist
- Indira Gandhi Indian Head of State
- Jawaharlal Nehru Indian Head of State
- Mohandas K. Gandhi Indian Hindu Political leader
- W. H. Auden British-born American Poet
- Beryl Markham British-born Kenyan Aviator
- Cary Grant British-American Film Actor
- Alfred Hitchcock British-born American Film Director
- Sri Aurobindo Indian Mystic, Philosopher, Poet
- Patanjali Indian Hindu Philosopher