By virtue of being born to humanity, every human being has a right to the development and fulfillment of his potentialities as a human being.
The deepest personal defeat suffered by human beings is constituted by the difference between what one was capable of becoming, and what one has in fact become.
The Good Book—one of the most remarkable euphemisms ever copied.
The doctor has been taught to be interested not in health but in disease. What the public is taught is that health is the cure for disease.
The only measure of what you believe is what you do. If you want to know what people believe, don’t read what they write, don’t ask them what they believe, just observe what they do.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- George Steiner American Culture Critic
- Stephen Jay Gould American Paleontologist
- Arthur Seldon British Economist
- Henry Adams American Historian
- Jonathan Miller English Stage Director
- Thomas Wolfe American Novelist
- Joyce Carol Oates American Novelist
- Henry Steele Commager American Historian
- W. Edwards Deming American Statistician
- Eric Bentley British-American Drama Critic