The reward for doing right is mostly an internal phenomenon: self-respect, dignity, integrity, and self-esteem.
Don’t spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door.
We can be negative and cynical or we can be charged and hot wored to find a way through it, over it, around it under it.
Values are principles and ideas that bring meaning to the seemingly mundane experience of life. A meaningful life that ultimately brings happiness and pride requires you to respond to temptations as well as challenges with honor, dignity, and courage.
Children are our second chance to have a great parent-child relationship
If you’re a liberal, anything you say is protected. If you’re a conservative, anything you say is hateful.
People with integrity do what they say they are going to do. Others have excuses.
This is all you have. This is not a dry run. This is your life. If you want to fritter it away with your fears, then you will fritter it away, but you won’t get it back later.
Because you’re able to do it and because you have the right to do it doesn’t mean it’s right to do it.
Self-esteem must be earned! When you dare to dream, dare to follow that dream, dare to suffer through the pain, sacrifice, self-doubts, and friction from the world, you will genuinely impress yourself.
When you’re the victim of the behavior, it’s black and white; when you’re the perpetrator, there are a million shades of gray.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Glenn Beck American Mormon Children’s Books Writer
- Phyllis McGinley American Children’s Books Writer
- Deborah Norville American Children’s Books Writer
- Ursula K. Le Guin Science-fiction writer
- Jamie Lee Curtis American Film Actress
- Marie Chapian American Christian Writer
- Isaac Asimov American Novelist, Critic, Popular Scientist
- Shel Silverstein American Cartoonist, Author
- Russell Hoban American Author
- Louise Erdrich American Children’s Books Writer