An act of meditation is actually an act of faith—of faith in your spirit, in your own potential. Faith is the basis of meditation. Not of faith in something outside you—a metaphysical Buddha, an unattainable ideal, or someone else’s words. The faith is in yourself, in your own “Buddha-nature”. You too can be a Buddha, an awakened being that lives and responds in a wise, creative, and compassionate way.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Thich Nhat Hanh Vietnamese Buddhist Religious Leader
- The 14th Dalai Lama Tibetan Buddhist Religious Leader
- Pema Chodron American Buddhist Nun
- Shunryu Suzuki Buddhist Monk, Author
- D. T. Suzuki Japanese Buddhist Philosopher
- Stephen Batchelor British Buddhist Author, Teacher
- Taisen Deshimaru Japanese Buddhist Teacher
- Nyogen Senzaki Japanese Buddhist Monk
- Master Sheng-Yen Chinese Buddhist Monk
- Michel Houellebecq French Author