Excellence is not an act but a habit. The things you do the most are the things you will do the best.
Mr. Meant-to has a friend, his name is Didn’t-Do. Have you met them? They live together in a house called Never-Win. And I am told that it is haunted by the Ghost of Might-have-Been.
Topics: Past, The Past
Character is what you know you are, not what others think you have.
Determination and perseverance move the world; thinking that others will do it for you is a sure way to fail.
There is a brilliant child locked inside every student.
Can’t make a mistake, can’t make anything.
I am a teacher. A teacher is someone who leads. There is no magic here. I do not walk on water, I do not part the sea. I just love children.
Don’t try to fix the students, fix ourselves first. The good teacher makes the poor student good and the good student superior. When our students fail, we, as teachers, too, have failed.
The essence of teaching is to make learning contagious, to have one idea spark another.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Robert H. Shaffer American Educator
- Theodore Hesburgh American Catholic Educator
- Horace Mann American Educator
- Booker T. Washington African-American Educationist
- Julia Abigail Fletcher Carney American Educator
- Frank Moore Colby American Writer, Editor
- Anne Sullivan Macy American Educator
- Arthur Sherburne Hardy American Engineer
- Laurence J. Peter Canadian-born American Educator
- E. Merrill Root American Educator