Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it. A good writer turns fact into truth; a bad writer will, more often than not, accomplish the opposite.
Topics: Writing, Reality, Accomplishment
Remember one thing about democracy. We can have anything we want and at the same time, we always end up with exactly what we deserve.
I have a fine sense of the ridiculous, but no sense of humor.
You gotta have a swine to show you where the truffles are.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Norman Mailer American Novelist, Journalist
- Eric Bentley British-American Drama Critic
- Truman Capote American Novelist
- William Saroyan American Playwright, Novelist
- Moss Hart American Playwright
- Aaron Copland American Composer
- Langston Hughes American Poet, Writer
- Eugene O’Neill American Playwright
- Stephen Sondheim American Musician
- Maurice Sendak American Writer, Illustrator