Really, in the end, the only thing that can make you a writer is the person that you are, the intensity of your feeling, the honesty of your vision, the unsentimental acknowledgment of the endless interest of the life around and within you. Virtually nobody can help you deliberately-many people will help you unintentionally.
—Santha Rama Rau
Topics: Authors & Writing, Writers, Writing
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Norman Mailer American Novelist, Journalist
- Freeman Dyson American Physicist, Author
- Jeraldine Saunders American Writer, Television Personality
- Og Mandino American Self-Help Author
- Joseph Weizenbaum American Computer Scientist
- Charles Lazarus American Entrepreneur
- Chuck Yeager American Aviator
- Joseph Heller American Novelist
- Thomas Keating American Trappist Monk
- Robert L. Bernstein American Publisher, Activist