You can say this for ready-mixes – the next generation isn’t going to have any trouble making pies exactly like mother used to make.
Home, nowadays, is a place where part of the family waits till the rest of the family brings the car back
The fastest way for a politician to become an elder statesman is to lose an election.
Poise: the ability to be ill at ease inconspicuously.
Always remember, money isn’t everything—but also remember to make a lot of it before talking such fool nonsense.
How you use today will determine how tomorrow uses you.
Gossip is when you hear something you like about someone, you don’t.
Benjamin Franklin may have discovered electricity, but it was the man who invented the meter who made the money.
Nonchalance is the ability to remain down to earth when everything else is up in the air.
Money in the bank is like toothpaste in the tube. Easy to take out, hard to put back.
Nowadays people can be divided into three classes—the haves the have-nots and the have-not-paid-for-what-they-haves
Nothing is as embarrassing as watching your boss do something you assured him couldn’t be done.
A vacation is what you take when you can no longer take what you’ve been taking.
An exhaustive study of police records shows that no woman has ever shot her husband while he was doing the dishes.
This would be a much better world if more married couples were as deeply in love as they are in debt.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Walter Reuther American Labor Leader
- Jean Anouilh French Playwright
- Helen MacInnes American-Scottish Novelist
- Frida Kahlo Mexican Painter
- Sylvia Porter American Economist
- Christopher Fry English Poet, Playwright
- Rachel Carson American Biologist
- Franklin P. Adams American Columnist
- Alexander Hamilton American Statesman
- Robert A. Heinlein American Science Fiction Writer