Little drops of water, little grains of sand,
Make the mighty ocean, and the pleasant land:
So the little minutes, humble though they be,
Make the mighty ages of eternity.
Little deeds of kindness, little words of love,
Help to make earth happy, like Heaven above.
—Julia Abigail Fletcher Carney
Topics: Nature, Action, Kindness, One Step at a Time
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- E. Merrill Root American Educator
- Arthur Sherburne Hardy American Engineer
- Booker T. Washington African-American Educationist
- Horace Mann American Educator
- Anne Sullivan Macy American Educator
- Marva Collins American Educator
- Mortimer J. Adler American Philosopher, Educator
- Theodore Hesburgh American Catholic Educator
- Robert Maynard Hutchins American Educator
- Robert H. Shaffer American Educator