I’ve always made a total effort, even when the odds seemed entirely against me. I never quit trying; I never felt that I didn’t have a chance to win.
Topics: Golf, Chance, Effort, Belief, Perseverance
What do I mean by concentration? I mean focusing totally on the business at hand and commanding your body to do exactly what you want it to do.
The secret of concentration is the secret of self-discovery. You reach inside yourself to discover your personal resources, and what it takes to match them to the challenge.
It is not a dreamlike state, but the somehow insulated state, that a great musician achieves in a great performance. He’s aware of where he is and what he’s doing, but his mind is on the playing of his instrument with an internal sense of rightness — it is not merely mechanical, it is not only spiritual; it is something of both, on a different plane and a more remote one.
Topics: Work, Possibilities, Talents, Abilities, Potential
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Jack Nicklaus American Sportsperson
- Tiger Woods American Sportsperson
- Ted Williams American Sportsperson
- Muhammad Ali American Sportsperson
- Billie Jean King American Tennis Player
- Arthur Ashe American Tennis Player
- John Wooden American Sportsperson
- Bear Bryant American Sportsperson
- Michael Jordan American Sportsperson
- Martina Navratilova Czech-born American Sportsperson