The more destruction there is everywhere, the more it shows the activity of town authorities.
It is no use to blame the looking glass if your face is awry.
There are people who exist in this world not like entities but like the speckles or spots on something.
There exists a kind of laughter, which is worthy to be ranked with the higher lyric emotions and is infinitely different from the twitching of a mean merrymaker.
And for a long time yet, led by some wondrous power, I am fated to journey hand in hand with my strange heroes and to survey the surging immensity of life, to survey it through the laughter that all can see and through the tears unseen and unknown by anyone.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Mikhail Bulgakov Russian Novelist, Dramatist
- Robertson Davies Canadian Novelist, Playwright
- Lloyd Alexander American Writer
- Maxim Gorky Russian Writer
- Isabel Allende Chilean Novelist
- Murasaki Shikibu Japanese Diarist, Novelist
- C. S. Lewis Irish-born Author, Scholar
- Jeanette Winterson English Novelist
- Haruki Murakami Japanese Novelist
- Gunter Grass German Novelist, Poet