There are people who exist in this world not like entities but like the speckles or spots on something.
It is no use to blame the looking glass if your face is awry.
The more destruction there is everywhere, the more it shows the activity of town authorities.
And for a long time yet, led by some wondrous power, I am fated to journey hand in hand with my strange heroes and to survey the surging immensity of life, to survey it through the laughter that all can see and through the tears unseen and unknown by anyone.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Mikhail Bulgakov Russian Novelist, Dramatist
- Robertson Davies Canadian Novelist, Playwright
- Lloyd Alexander American Writer
- Maxim Gorky Russian Writer
- Isabel Allende Chilean Novelist
- C. S. Lewis Irish-born Author, Scholar
- Murasaki Shikibu Japanese Diarist, Novelist
- Franz Kafka Austrian Novelist
- Toni Morrison American Novelist
- Isaac Bashevis Singer Polish-born American Children’s Books Writer