Heredity is nothing, but stored environment.
Our lives as we lead them as passed on to others, whether in physical or mental forms, tingeing all future lives together. This should be enough for one who lives for truth and service to his fellow passengers on the way.
It is well for people who think to change their minds occasionally in order to keep them clean. For those who do not think, it is best at least to rearrange their prejudices once in a while.
Topics: Change, Prejudice, Thinking
Do not feed children on a maudlin sentimentalism or dogmatic religion; give them nature. Let their souls drink in all that is pure and sweet. Rear them, if possible, amid pleasant surroundings … Let nature teach them the lessons of good and proper living, combined with an abundance of well-balanced nourishment. Those children will grow to be the best men and women. Put the best in them by contact with the best outside. They will absorb it as a plant absorbs the sunshine and the dew.
Life is growth-a challenge of environment. If we cannot meet our everyday surroundings with equanimity and pleasure and grow each day in some useful direction, then this splendid balance of cosmic forces which we call life is on the road toward misfortune, misery and destruction. Therefore, health is the most precious of all things.
Topics: Time Management, Value of Time, Growth
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- George Washington Carver American Scientist
- Paul Vixie American Scientist
- Eliezer Yudkowsky American Scientist
- Frederick Banting Canadian Medical Scientist
- Georg Christoph Lichtenberg German Philosopher, Physicist
- Bill Joy American Computer Engineer
- Ralph Bunche American Political Scientist
- Thomas Edison American Inventor
- Alexander Graham Bell Scottish-born American Inventor
- Charles Proteus Steinmetz German-born American Mathematician