Globetrotting destroys ethnocentricity, helping us understand and appreciate other cultures. Rather than fear the diversity on this planet, celebrate it. Among your most prized souvenirs will be the strands of different cultures you choose to knit into your own character. The world is a cultural yarn shop, and “back door” travelers are weaving the ultimate tapestry.
the most grandiose result of the photographic enterprise is to give us the sense that we can hold the whole world in our heads—as an anthology of images
Ideally, travel broadens our perspectives personally, culturally, and politically. Suddenly, the palette with which we paint the story of our lives has more colors.
Regardless of your journey, you can put a little pilgrim in your travels and find your own personal jubilation.
Travel is rich with learning opportunities, and the ultimate souvenir is a broader perspective.
Look through the unfinished entrance facade, note blue sky where the stained-glass windows would have been, and ponder the struggles, triumphs, and failures of the human spirit.
Be fanatically positive and militantly optimistic. If something is not to your liking, change your liking.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Walt Disney American Entrepreneur
- Art Linkletter Canadian-born American Radio Personality
- Peter McWilliams American Author
- Lowell Thomas American Writer
- Alexander Woollcott American Critic
- Martha Stewart American Businesswoman
- Ronald Reagan American Head of State
- Bob Hope British-born American Comedian, Film Actor
- Groucho Marx American Actor
- Thomas Edison American Inventor