Friendship is the golden thread that ties the heart of all the world.
Living in an age of extraordinary events and revolutions, I have learned, from thence this truth, which I desire might be communicated to posterity: that all is vanity which is not honest, and that there is no solid wisdom but in real piety.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Anthony Powell English Novelist
- Robertson Davies Canadian Novelist, Playwright
- Arnold J. Toynbee British Historian
- Reginald Farrer English Botanist
- Vita Sackville-West English Gardener
- George Harrison English Singer
- William Shenstone English Poet
- Isaac Newton English Physicist
- John Wesley British Methodist Religious Leader
- Virginia Woolf English Novelist