It is important to view knowledge as sort of a semantic tree—make sure you understand the fundamental principles, i.e. the trunk and big branches, before you get into the leaves/details or there is nothing for them to hang on to.
I’ve made several hiring decisions in the past where I valued intellect over heart. I think that was a mistake… I have tried to adjust accordingly. It actually matters if somebody is a good person, beyond goodness itself.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Jeff Bezos American Businessman
- Freeman Dyson American Physicist, Author
- Sheryl Sandberg American Executive, Author
- Bill Gates American Businessperson
- Michael Bloomberg American Businessperson
- Warren Buffett American Investor
- Oprah Winfrey American TV Personality
- Michael Dell American Businessperson
- David Rockefeller American Businessman, Philanthropist
- Steve Jobs American Entrepreneur