I stopped believing in Santa Claus when I was six. Mother took me to see him in a department store and he asked for my autograph.
Intentions often melt in the face of unexpected opportunity.
Our whole way of life today is dedicated to the removal of risk. Cradle to grave, we are supported, insulated, and isolated from the risks of life – and if we fail, our government stands ready with Bandaids of every size.
Topics: Risk-taking, Welfare
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Fred Astaire American Dancer, Singer
- Judy Garland American Actress, Singer
- Jane Fonda American Actress
- Doris Day American Actor
- Liza Minnelli American Singer, Actress
- Lena Horne American Singer, Actress
- Dolly Parton American Musician, Actress
- Lillian Gish American Actress
- Gloria Stuart American Actress
- Cicely Tyson American Actress