Many an attack of depression is nothing but the expression of regret at having to be virtuous.
People who do not understand themselves have a craving for understanding — a thing which is rather surmised and never spoken than known and clothed in words.
Candor is always a double-edged sword; it may heal or it may separate.
Truth is not always the best basis for happiness. There are certain lies which may constitute a far better and more secure foundation of happiness. There are people who perish when their eyes are opened.
Love at first sight is a revival of an infantile impression. The first love object reappears in a different disguise.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Viktor Frankl Austrian Psychiatrist
- Alfred Adler Austrian Psychiatrist
- Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr. American Physician, Essayist
- Deepak Chopra Indian-born American Physician
- William Osler Canadian Physician
- Georges Clemenceau French Head of State
- Julien Offray de La Mettrie French Physician
- Edward de Bono British Psychologist, Writer
- Ludwig Wittgenstein Austrian-born British Philosopher
- Rainer Maria Rilke Austrian Poet