We never stop investigating. We are never satisfied that we know enough to get by. Every question we answer leads on to another question. This has become the greatest survival trick of our species.
We are, to put it mildly, in a mess, and there is a strong chance that we shall have exterminated ourselves by the end of the century. Our only consolation will have to be that, as a species, we have had an exciting term of office.
Topics: Humanity, Humankind
Artists like cats; soldiers like dogs.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Charles Darwin British Naturalist
- Cynthia Ozick American Novelist, Essayist
- Richard Dawkins British Ethologist, Atheist
- E. O. Wilson American Sociobiologist
- Freeman Dyson American Physicist, Author
- Charles Reade British Author
- Stephen Hawking English Theoretical Physicist
- David Attenborough English Naturalist, Broadcaster
- Jane Goodall British Ethologist
- Alvin Toffler American Writer, Futurist