The conductor must make it possible to eliminate himself in the music. If the orchestra feels him doing that, then everything will go well.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- John Cage American Composer
- Claude Debussy French Composer
- Bela Bartok Hungarian Composer, Ethnomusicologist
- George Gershwin American Composer
- Leonard Bernstein American Composer, Conductor
- Igor Stravinsky Russian-born American Composer
- Edgard Varese French-American Composer
- Pablo de Sarasate Spanish Composer
- Aaron Copland American Composer
- Rod McKuen American Poet