Nothing is ever lost by courtesy. It is the cheapest of the pleasures; costs nothing and conveys much. It pleases him who gives and him who receives, and thus, like mercy, is twice blessed.
Topics: Courtesy, Manners, Friendship
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- William Osler Canadian Physician
- Lucy Maud Montgomery Canadian Novelist, Children’s Writer
- Thomas Chandler Haliburton Canadian Author
- Joseph Alfred Ernest Roy Canadian Lawyer
- Robertson Davies Canadian Novelist, Playwright
- Grenville Kleiser Canadian Author
- W. O. Mitchell Canadian Novelist
- Albert Benjamin Simpson Canadian Protestant Preacher
- Wilfred Grenfell Canadian Humanitarian
- John Howe Canadian Artist