The trouble with Ian is that he gets off with women because he can’t get on with them.
She went over to the mirror…glancing at herself sidelong, as women do who think they have lost their beauty; repudiating a complete reflection.
One can present people with opportunities. One cannot make them equal to them.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Barbara Cartland English Romantic Novelist
- Anita Brookner English Novelist, Art Historian
- J. R. R. Tolkien British Philologist, Writer
- Nancy Mitford English Novelist, Biographer
- Peter Ustinov British Actor, Playwright
- Ian McEwan (b.1948) British Novelist, Short-story Writer
- Michel Leiris French Surrealist Writer, Ethnographer
- Jackie Collins English Romance Novelist
- Elizabeth Gaskell English Novelist
- Elizabeth Goudge English Novelist