The Internet is like a living window into human consciousness and perhaps even to the divine… if we can attune to it… we might well contribute to a glittering awakening on a cosmic level. We can be on-line with ourselves and the world all the time.
Go on—but don’t think you can kill my confidence. I’ve had experts doing it for years.
What are we hoping to get out of it, what’s it all in aid of—is it really just for the sake of a gloved hand waving at you from a golden coach?
Laughter’s the nearest we ever get, or should get, to sainthood. It’s the state of grace that saves most of us from contempt.
Here we are, we’re alone in the universe, there’s no God, it just seems that it all began by something as simple as sunlight striking on a piece of rock. And here we are. We’ve only got ourselves. Somehow, we’ve just got to make a go of it. We’ve only ourselves.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Enoch Powell British Politician
- Dennis Potter English Dramatist
- Charles Reade British Author
- Peter Ustinov British Actor, Playwright
- Queen Elizabeth I British Monarch
- Dorothy L. Sayers English Novelist, Playwright
- Arnold J. Toynbee British Historian
- Laurence Housman English Novelist, Dramatist
- Ella Fitzgerald American Singer, Composer
- John Galsworthy English Novelist, Playwright