The more people have studied different methods of bringing up children the more they have come to the conclusion that what good mothers and fathers instinctively feel like doing for their babies is the best after all.
Topics: Children, Parenting
A human being is happiest and most successful when dedicated to a cause outside his own individual, selfish satisfaction.
The fact is that child rearing is a long, hard job, the rewards are not always immediately obvious, the work is undervalued, and parents are just as human and almost as vulnerable as their children.
The child supplies the power but the parents have to do the steering.
Happiness is mostly a by-product of doing what makes us feel fulfilled.
What is the use of physicians like myself trying to help parents to bring up children healthy and happy, to have them killed in such numbers for a cause that is ignoble?
I would say that the surest measure of a man’s or a woman’s maturity is the harmony, style, joy, and dignity he creates in his marriage, and the pleasure and inspiration he provides for his spouse.
Topics: Harmony, Maturity
There are only two things a child will share willingly; communicable diseases and its mother’s age.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Howard Zinn American Historian, Activist
- Henry Steele Commager American Historian
- Hunter S. Thompson American Journalist
- Jack Lemmon American Actor
- George H. W. Bush American Head of State
- Norman Mailer American Novelist, Journalist
- Dorothy Day American Journalist Reformer
- Cecil B. DeMille American Filmmaker
- Gore Vidal American Novelist
- Kurt Vonnegut American Novelist