I would say that the surest measure of a man’s or a woman’s maturity is the harmony, style, joy, and dignity he creates in his marriage, and the pleasure and inspiration he provides for his spouse.
Topics: Maturity, Harmony
The more people have studied different methods of bringing up children the more they have come to the conclusion that what good mothers and fathers instinctively feel like doing for their babies is the best after all.
The fact is that child rearing is a long, hard job, the rewards are not always immediately obvious, the work is undervalued, and parents are just as human and almost as vulnerable as their children.
What is the use of physicians like myself trying to help parents to bring up children healthy and happy, to have them killed in such numbers for a cause that is ignoble?
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- George H. W. Bush American Head of State
- Dorothy Day American Journalist Reformer
- Kurt Vonnegut American Novelist
- Gore Vidal American Novelist
- Betty Friedan American Feminist, Author
- Walt Whitman American Poet
- Eldridge Cleaver American Author, Activist
- Henny Youngman American Comedian, Violinist
- Leo Buscaglia American Motivational Speaker
- Frank Sinatra American Singer