Despite some of the horrors and barbarisms of modern life which appall and grieve us, life in the twentieth century undeniably has-or has the potentiality of-such richness, joy and adventure as were unknown to our ancestors except in their dreams.
Topics: Life, Reflection
Twenty thousand years ago the family was the social unit. Now the social unit has become the world, in which it may truthfully be said that each person’s welfare affects that of every other.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Richard Feynman American Physicist
- Max Planck German Theoretical Physicist
- Niels Bohr Danish Physicist
- Hans Bethe American Physicist
- Freeman Dyson American Physicist, Author
- Glenn T. Seaborg American Chemist
- Isaac Newton English Physicist
- Werner Heisenberg German Theoretical Physicist
- Paul Dirac English Theoretical Physicist
- Robert Andrews Millikan American Physicist