We have to believe that a creative being lives within ourselves, whether we like it or not, and that we must get out of its way, for it will give us no peace until we do.
—M. C. Richards
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Erica Jong American Novelist, Poet
- Celia Thaxter American Poet
- James Whitcomb Riley American Children’s Books Writer
- Witter Bynner American Poet
- Thomas Merton American Trappist Monk
- Gertrude Stein American Writer
- John M. Ford American Novelist
- Robin Morgan American Activist
- John Jay Chapman American Biographer
- Emma Lazarus American Poet, Writer