I think it’s one of the scars in our culture that we have too high an opinion of ourselves. We align ourselves with the angels instead of the higher primates.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- J. B. Priestley British Novelist, Playwright, Essayist
- Dorothy L. Sayers English Novelist, Playwright
- Zadie Smith (b.1975) English Novelist, Essayist, Short-story Writer
- A. S. Byatt English Novelist, Poet
- Elizabeth Goudge English Novelist
- J. R. R. Tolkien British Philologist, Writer
- Robert Ranke Graves British Writer
- Laurence Housman English Novelist, Dramatist
- George Orwell English Novelist, Essayist, Journalist
- Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie English Novelist, Biographer