Courage is not the absence of fear but the capacity for action despite our fears.
Glory is not a conceit. It is not a decoration for valor. Glory belongs to the act of being constant to something greater than yourself, to a cause, to your principles, to the people on whom you rely and who rely on you in rerun.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- H. Norman Schwarzkopf United States Army Officer
- Douglas MacArthur American Military Leader
- Herbert Hoover American Statesman
- George H. W. Bush American Head of State
- Gerald Ford American Head of State
- Chuck Yeager American Aviator
- Richard Evelyn Byrd American Aviator
- John J. Pershing American Army Officer
- Benjamin Harrison American Political leader
- Rutherford B. Hayes American President