A team that has character doesn’t need stimulation.
I’ve learned that something constructive comes from every defeat.
I don’t believe in team motivation. I believe in getting a team prepared so it knows it will have the necessary confidence when it steps on a field and be prepared to play a good game.
Topics: Teamwork, Teams
When you want to win a game, you have to teach. When you lose a game, you have to learn.
Even after you’ve just won the Super Bowl—especially after you’ve just won the Super Bowl—there’s always next year. If Winning isn’t everything; it’s the only thing, then the only thing is nothing—emptiness, the nightmare of life without ultimate meaning.
Leadership is getting someone to do what they don’t want to do, to achieve what they want to achieve.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Vince Lombardi American Football Coach
- Mike Ditka American Sportsperson
- Joe Paterno American Sportsperson
- Michael Jordan American Sportsperson
- Tiger Woods American Sportsperson
- Bruce Lee American Martial Artist
- Bob Knight American Sportsperson
- Mickey Rivers American Sportsperson
- Arthur Ashe American Tennis Player
- Yogi Berra American Sportsperson