Originality is unexplored territory. You get there by carrying a canoe—you can’t take a taxi.
It’s too bad I’m not as wonderful a person as people say I am, because the world could use a few people like that.
Laugh at yourself, but don’t ever aim your doubt at yourself. Be bold. When you embark for strange places, don’t leave any of yourself safely on shore. Have the nerve to go into unexplored territory.
Topics: Doubt, Risk-taking, Laughter
Be brave enough to live creatively. The creative is the place where no one else has ever been. You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition. You can’t get there by bus, only by hard work, risking, and by not quite knowing what you’re doing. What you’ll discover will be wonderful: yourself.
Topics: Discovery, Wilderness, Risk, Potential, Self-Discovery, Creativity
When people are laughing, they’re generally not killing each other.
Real listening is a willingness to let the other persons change you.
It isn’t necessary to be rich and famous to be happy. It’s only necessary to be rich.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Carl Reiner American Comedian
- Robert De Niro American Actor
- Richard Carlson American Actor
- Sylvester Stallone American Actor
- Whoopi Goldberg American Comedian
- Bill Maher American Comedian, TV Personality
- Robin Williams American Actor
- Woody Allen American Film Actor, Director
- Jenny McCarthy American Actor
- Jimmy Fallon American Comedian