Once you get rid of the idea that you must please other people before you please yourself, and you begin to follow your own instincts—only then can you be successful. You become more satisfied, and when you are other people tend to be satisfied by what you do.
Topics: Confidence, Assurance, Instincts
Change excites me. I am fifty years old. It’s when the mind catches up with the body.
You can’t fake listening. It shows.
I was always willing to take a great deal of the burden of getting along in life on my own shoulders, but I wasn’t willing to give myself a pat on the back. I was always looking to somebody else to give me that … That was all wrong.
Topics: Realization, Awareness, Acceptance
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Jenny McCarthy American Actor
- Lucille Ball American Actor
- Robin Williams American Actor
- Meryl Streep American Actor
- Harrison Ford American Actor
- Marilyn Monroe American Actor
- Bette Midler American Actress, Singer
- Shirley MacLaine American Actor
- Kirk Douglas American Actor
- Drew Barrymore American Film Actress