Doing good to others is not a duty, it is a joy, for it increases our own health and happiness.
Truth is best (of all that is) good. As desired, what is being desired is truth for him who (represents) the best truth.
A knife of the keenest steel requires the whetstone, and the wisest man needs advice.
Suffer no anxiety, for he who is a sufferer of anxiety becomes regardless of enjoyment of the world and the spirit, and contraction happens to his body and soul.
Satisfaction linked with dishonor or with harm to others is a prison for the seeker.
When you doubt, abstain.
Be good, be kind, be humane, and charitable; love your fellows; console the afflicted; pardon those who have done you wrong.
For a thinking man is where Wisdom is at home.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Pythagoras Greek Philosopher
- Laozi Chinese Philosopher
- Thales of Miletus Greek Philosopher, Mathematician
- Anacharsis Scythian Prince
- Akhenaten Egyptian Monarch
- Kabir Indian Mystic
- Mary Baker Eddy American Christian Science Religious Leader
- L. Ron Hubbard American Scientologist Religious Leader
- Aleister Crowley English Occultist
- Baha’u’llah Persian Religious Leader