The function of leadership is to produce more leaders, not more followers.
For almost seventy years the life insurance industry has been a smug sacred cow feeding the public a steady line of sacred bull.
This administration is not sympathetic to corporations, it is indentured to corporations.
Obviously, the answer to oil spills is to paper-train the tankers.
Sanctions against polluters are feeble and out of date, and are rarely invoked.
Your best teacher is your last mistake.
Water is the most precious, limited natural resource we have in this country…But because water belongs to no one – except the people – special interests, including government polluters, use it as their private sewers
Today the large organization is lord and master, and most of its employees have been desensitized much as were the medieval peasants who never knew they were serfs.
There can be no daily democracy without daily citizenship.
When strangers start acting like neighbors… communities are reinvigorated.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Jane Addams American Social Reformer
- Midge Decter American Journalist
- Marianne Williamson American Activist
- Robin Morgan American Activist
- Elizabeth Taylor American Actress
- Norman Podhoretz American Political Activist
- Jesse Jackson American Baptist Civil Rights Activist
- Jeannette Rankin American Politician
- W. E. B. Du Bois American Sociologist, Activist
- Harry Browne American Politician