Before you speak ask yourself if what you are going to say is true, is kind, is necessary, is helpful. If the answer is no, maybe what you are about to say should be left unsaid.
Topics: Speaking, Speakers
Use those talents you have. You will make it. You will give joy to the world. Take this tip from nature: The woods would be a very silent place if no birds sang except those who sang best.
If you have learned how to disagree without being disagreeable, then you have discovered the secrete of getting along—whether it be business, family relations, or life itself.
A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked.
Topics: Friends and Friendship
Success is getting and achieving what you want. Happiness is wanting and being content with what you get.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Alexander Woollcott American Critic
- Fred Allen American Humorist
- Garrison Keillor American Broadcaster, Writer
- Lowell Thomas American Writer
- Chuck Swindoll American Christian Pastor
- Tim Robbins American Actor, Director
- Groucho Marx American Actor
- Larry King American TV Personality
- Art Linkletter Canadian-born American Radio Personality
- Avi (Edward Irving Wortis) American Author