A high heart ought to bear calamities and not flee them, since in bearing them appears the grandeur of the mind and in fleeing them the cowardice of the heart.
Topics: Endurance, Perseverance, Resolve
Angry men are blind and foolish, for reason at such a time takes flight and, in her absence, wrath plunders all the riches of the intellect, while the judgment remains the prisoner of its own pride.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Petrarch Italian Scholar
- Luigi Pirandello Italian Dramatist
- Leonardo da Vinci Italian Polymath
- Vittorio Alfieri Italian Poet, Dramatist
- Leon Battista Alberti Italian Architect
- Tennessee Williams American Playwright
- Thornton Wilder American Novelist, Dramatist
- William Motter Inge American Playwright
- William Shakespeare British Playwright
- Michelangelo Italian Painter