One friend in a lifetime is much, two are many, three are hardly possible. Friendship needs a certain parallelism of life, a community of thought, a rivalry of aim.
Topics: Friends and Friendship, Friendship
A teacher affects eternity: he can never tell where his influence stops.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Norman Mailer American Novelist, Journalist
- Samuel Eliot Morison American Historian
- James Harvey Robinson American Historian
- Theodore H. White American Journalist
- David McCullough American Historian
- W. E. B. Du Bois American Sociologist, Activist
- Daniel J. Boorstin American Historian
- Thomas Bailey Aldrich American Writer
- John Quincy Adams American Head of State
- William S. Burroughs American Novelist