When you react to a situation, do not re-enact it. Wait until the emotional nature has completely composed itself, then study your reaction.
Everything is permanent, until it changes.
I’ve always been a supporter of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter.
If you want to know how much you have progressed in your spiritual life, just look back and reflect on the changes.
A spiritual man always has to have the upper hand on the lower nature.
Listen for silence in noisy places; feel at peace in the midst of disturbance; awaken joy when there is no reason.
There are only two things you can really depend on: one is the changeableness of life, and the other is the unchanging Self within you.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Ram Dass American Hindu New Age Pioneer
- Swami Chinmayananda Indian Hindu Spiritual Teacher
- B. K. S. Iyengar Indian Hindu Yoga Teacher
- Ramakrishna Paramahamsa Indian Hindu Philosopher
- Yogaswami of Jaffna Sri Lankan Hindu Religious Leader
- Paramahansa Yogananda Indian Hindu Mystic
- Christa McAuliffe American Teacher
- Joseph Goldstein American Buddhist Teacher
- Amos Bronson Alcott American Teacher
- Robert Henri American Painter