If you want to know how much you have progressed in your spiritual life, just look back and reflect on the changes.
I’ve always been a supporter of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter.
There are only two things you can really depend on: one is the changeableness of life, and the other is the unchanging Self within you.
Everything is permanent, until it changes.
When you react to a situation, do not re-enact it. Wait until the emotional nature has completely composed itself, then study your reaction.
Listen for silence in noisy places; feel at peace in the midst of disturbance; awaken joy when there is no reason.
A spiritual man always has to have the upper hand on the lower nature.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Ram Dass American Hindu New Age Pioneer
- Swami Chinmayananda Indian Hindu Spiritual Teacher
- B. K. S. Iyengar Indian Hindu Yoga Teacher
- Ramakrishna Paramahamsa Indian Hindu Philosopher
- Yogaswami of Jaffna Sri Lankan Hindu Religious Leader
- Paramahansa Yogananda Indian Hindu Mystic
- Robert Henri American Painter
- John Ciardi American Poet
- Joseph Goldstein American Buddhist Teacher
- Christa McAuliffe American Teacher