I feel about airplanes the way I feel about diets. It seems to me that they are wonderful things for other people to go on.
You don’t seem to realize that a poor person who is unhappy is in a better position than a rich person who is unhappy. Because the poor person has hope. He thinks money would help.
Topics: Poverty, Unhappiness
Marrying a man is like buying something you’ve been admiring for a long time in a shop window. You may love it when you get it home, but it doesn’t always go with everything else in the house.
Topics: Marriage, Men
If you have formed the habit of checking on every new diet that comes along, you will find that, mercifully, they all blur together, leaving you with only one definite piece of information: french-fried potatoes are out.
One of the most difficult things to contend with in a hospital is the assumption on the part of the staff that because you have lost your gall bladder you have also lost your mind.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Marjorie Kellogg American Author
- Maya Angelou American Poet
- Carrie Fisher American Actress
- Zora Neale Hurston American Novelist
- Judy Garland American Actress, Singer
- Eugene O’Neill American Playwright
- Robert Altman American Film Director
- Charles Mingus American Jazz Bassist, Composer
- Judith Crist American Film Critic
- Eda LeShan American TV Personality