A painting is a symbol for the universe. Inside it, each piece relates to the other. Each piece is only answerable to the rest of that little world. So, probably in the total universe, there is that kind of total harmony, but we get only little tastes of it.
Earnestness and sincereness are synonymous.
Maybe we are less than our dreams, but that less would make us more than some Gods would dream of.
Love the moment. Flowers grow out of dark moments. Therefore, each moment is vital. It affects the whole. Life is a succession of such moments and to live each, is to succeed.
Topics: Adversity, Difficulties, Difficulty
We must become new people or be satisfied the way we are—either way we risk tragedy but by the first we choose life, by the second we choose death.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Oliver Herford American Writer
- John Howe Canadian Artist
- Joyce Cary English Novelist
- Georges Braque French Painter
- William Morris British Artist, Author
- Yoko Ono Japanese Artist, Musician
- Mort Walker American Comic Artist
- Andy Warhol American Painter
- James Abbott McNeill Whistler American Painter, Etcher
- George Lois American Art Director