I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves.
Antipathy, dissimilarity of views, hate, contempt, can accompany true love.
Why is it so painful to watch a person sink? Because there is something unnatural in it, for nature demands personal progress, evolution, and every backward step means wasted energy.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Ingrid Bergman Swedish Actor
- Henrik Ibsen Norwegian Playwright
- Ingmar Bergman Swedish Film and Stage Director
- Christina, Queen of Sweden Swedish Monarch
- Maurice Maeterlinck Belgian Dramatist
- George Bernard Shaw Irish Playwright
- Dorothy L. Sayers English Novelist, Playwright
- Arthur Miller American Playwright
- W. Somerset Maugham British Novelist
- Tennessee Williams American Playwright