Except that right side up is best, there is not much to learn about holding a baby. There are one hundred and fifty-two distinctly different ways—and all are right! At least all will do.
Topics: Babies, Children
Repartee is what you wish you’d said.
Hell is paved with great granite blocks hewn from the hearts of those who said, “I can do no other.”
Football is, after all, a wonderful way to get rid of your aggressions without going to jail for it.
In the march up the heights of fame there comes a spot close to the summit in which man reads nothing but detective stories.
Golf is not, on the whole, a game for realists. By its exactitudes of measurements it invites the attention of perfectionists.
The artist has never been a dictator, since he understands better than anybody else the variations in human personality.
Being a well-dressed person is a career, and he who goes in for it has no time for anything else.
I have never understood the fear of some parents about babies getting mixed up in the hospital. What difference does it make as long as you get a good one?
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Shana Alexander American Journalist
- Brenda Ueland American Journalist Memoirist
- Arthur Brisbane American Editor
- Ambrose Bierce American Journalist, Author
- Barbara Grizzuti Harrison American Journalist
- George Jean Nathan American Drama Critic
- Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis American First Lady
- B. C. Forbes Scottish-born American Journalist
- Dorothy Dix American Journalist
- H. L. Mencken American Journalist, Literary Critic