Hostage is a crucifying aloneness. It is a silent, screaming slide into the bowels of ultimate despair. Hostage is a man hanging by his fingernails over the edge of chaos, feeling his fingers slowly straightening. Hostage is the humiliating stripping away of every sense and fiber of body and mind and spirit that make us what we are. Hostage is a mutant creation filled with fear, self-loathing, guilt and death-wishing. But he is a man, a rare, unique and beautiful creation of which these things are no part.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Anthony Hopkins Welsh-American Actor
- Richard Eyre British Director
- Peter Gabriel English Singer-Songwriter
- Lama Surya Das American Buddhist Scholar
- Marty Nemko American Career Coach
- Kate Winslet English Actress
- Eric Clapton British Musician
- Philip Pullman English Children’s Author, Dramatist
- Ian McEwan (b.1948) British Novelist, Short-story Writer
- Michael Palin English Actor, Writer, Television Traveler