In science one tries to tell people, in such a way as to be understood by everyone, something that no one ever knew before. But in the case of poetry, it’s the exact opposite!
Topics: Poets, Art, Poetry
The aim of science is to make difficult things understandable in a simpler way; the aim of poetry is to state simple things in an incomprehensible way. The two are incompatible.
If we are honest — and scientists have to be — we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality. The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Freeman Dyson American Physicist, Author
- Stephen Hawking English Theoretical Physicist
- Isaac Newton English Physicist
- Arthur Eddington English Astronomer
- Max Planck German Theoretical Physicist
- Niels Bohr Danish Physicist
- William Lawrence Bragg British Physicist
- Bertrand A. Russell British Philosopher, Mathematician
- Peter Medawar British Immunologist, Writer
- Werner Heisenberg German Theoretical Physicist