Why not make the work easier and more interesting so that people do not have to sweat?
All we are doing is looking at the time line, from the moment the customer gives us an order to the point when we collect the cash. And we are reducing the time line by reducing the non-value adding wastes.
Don’t look with your eyes, look with your feet. Don’t think with your head, think with your hands.
Having no problems is the biggest problem of all.
You are a fool if you do just as I say. You are a greater fool if you don’t do as I say. You should think for yourself and come up with better ideas than mine.
When you go out into the workplace, you should be looking for things that you can do for your people there. You’ve got no business in the workplace if you’re just there to be there. You’ve got to be looking for changes you can make for the benefit of the people who are working there.
People who can’t understand numbers are useless. The gemba where numbers are not visible is also bad. However, people who only look at the numbers are the worst of all.
Costs do not exist to be calculated. Costs exist to be reduced.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Henry Ford American Businessperson
- Walter Chrysler American Engineer, Industrialist
- Soichiro Honda Japanese Inventor
- Masaru Ibuka Japanese Entrepreneur, Engineer
- Pearl Bailey American Singer, Actress
- Armand Hammer American Entrepreneur, Businessman
- Fred Shero Canadian Sportsperson
- Vijaya Lakshmi Pandit Indian Politician, Diplomat
- Stanley J. Sarnoff American Surgeon
- Sri Rajneesh (Osho) Indian Spiritual Teacher