Learn to accept your mistakes. Don’t be a perfectionist about everything.
The freedom to fail is vital if you’re going to succeed. Most successful people fail from time to time, and it is a measure of their strength that failure merely propels them into some new attempt at success.
Topics: Mistakes, Failure
Learn to use time, think of it as a friend, not an enemy. Don’t waste it in going after things you don’t want.
The first step to success is to accept the consequences of knowing that you’re right, when that is the case. It is not so much a matter of being assertive, as of giving up the comfortable cocoon of apologies and guilt in which most of us have chosen to live.
The fastest way to succeed is to look as if you’re playing by somebody else’s rules, while quietly playing by your own.
Act impeccably! Perform every act as if it were the only thing in the world that mattered.
Don’t make waves, move smoothly without disturbing things.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Stephen Fry English Actor, Writer
- John Berger English Art Critic, Essayist, Novelist
- Ford Madox Ford English Novelist, Poet, Critic
- Patrick White Australian Novelist
- Pico Iyer British-born Essayist, Novelist of Indian Origin
- Hanif Kureishi British Novelist, Screenwriter
- Philip Pullman English Children’s Author, Dramatist
- Ian McEwan (b.1948) British Novelist, Short-story Writer
- Nick Hornby English Author
- Ben Elton English Comedian, Writer