I will frankly tell you that my experience in prolonged scientific investigations convinces me that a belief in God—a God who is behind and within the chaos of vanishing points of human knowledge—adds a wonderful stimulus to the man who attempts to penetrate into the regions of the unknown.
Every great scientific truth goes through three stages.—First, people say it conflicts with the Bible.—Next they say it had been discovered before. Lastly, they say they always believed it.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Maria Mitchell American Astronomer
- James D. Watson American Biologist
- Carol Dweck American Psychologist
- Charles Darwin British Naturalist
- Albert Einstein German-born Theoretical Physicist
- Liberty Hyde Bailey American Botanist
- Hans Bethe American Physicist
- Harvey Williams Cushing American Neurosurgeon, Biographer
- Glenn T. Seaborg American Chemist
- Michael Faraday British Physicist, Chemist