I don’t know what I’ve gained from loving you, but the need for anyone else is what I’ve lost.
In loving, you lean on someone to hold them up.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Ned Rorem American Composer
- Ezra Pound American Poet, Critic
- Wendell Berry American Author, Environmentalist
- E. B. White American Essayist, Humorist
- Duke Ellington American Musician
- Annie Dillard American Writer
- Alice Walker American Novelist, Activist
- Carol Shields Canadian Author, Academic
- Mark Van Doren American Poet, Writer, Critic
- James Oppenheim American Poet, Novelist, Editor