A man takes a drink, the drink takes another, and the drink takes the man.
The trouble with this country is that there are too many people going about saying, “The trouble with this country is…”
He who has seen one cathedral ten times has seen something; he who has seen ten cathedrals once has seen but little; and he who has spent half an hour in each of a hundred cathedrals has seen nothing at all.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Raymond Chandler American Novelist
- William Saroyan American Playwright, Novelist
- Joseph Heller American Novelist
- Don DeLillo American Author
- Edgar Lee Masters American Poet, Novelist
- Truman Capote American Novelist
- Ben Hecht American Screenwriter
- Robert A. Heinlein American Science Fiction Writer
- William Goldman Hollywood Screenwriter
- John Neal American Author, Critic