Between truth and the search for it, I choose the second.
I wonder whether art has a higher function than to make me feel, appreciate, and enjoy natural objects for their art value. So, as I walk in the garden, I look at the flowers and shrubs and trees and discover in them an exquisiteness of contour, a vitality of edge or a vigor of spring as well as an infinite variety of color that no artifact I have seen in the last 60 years can rival.
Life has taught me that it is not for our faults that we are disliked and even hated, but for our qualities.
Topics: Life and Living
We usually meet all of our relatives only at funerals where somebody always observes: “Too bad we can’t get together more often”.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Russell Lynes American Art Historian
- Leo Rosten American Humorist
- Ayn Rand Russian-born American Novelist
- Igor Stravinsky Russian-born American Composer
- Vladimir Nabokov Russian-born American Novelist
- Vladimir Horowitz Russian-born American Pianist
- Isaac Asimov American Novelist, Critic, Popular Scientist
- George Lois American Art Director
- David Ben-Gurion Russian-born Israeli Head of State
- Daniel J. Boorstin American Historian