You take a number of small steps which you believe are right, thinking maybe tomorrow somebody will treat this as a dangerous provocation. And then you wait. If there is no reaction, you take another step: courage is only an accumulation of small steps.
Topics: Courage, Bravery
Many people feel empty, a world that seemed so strong just collapsed. Forty years have been wasted on stupid strife for the sake of an unsuccessful experiment. The values gathered together have vanished, the strategies for survival have become ridiculous. And so forty years of our lives have become a story, a bad anecdote. But it may be possible to remember these adventures with a kind of irony.
Topics: Communism, Socialism
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Arthur Koestler British Writer, Journalist
- Franz Kafka Austrian Novelist
- Ellery Queen American Crime Fiction Authors
- Berthold Auerbach German Novelist
- Stephen Samuel Wise American Jewish Rabbi
- Edward Teller American Nuclear Physicist
- Henri de Montherlant French Essayist, Novelist, Dramatist
- George Soros Hungarian-American Investor
- Stendhal (Marie-Henri Beyle) French Writer
- Joseph Conrad Polish-born British Novelist