You get ideas from daydreaming. You get ideas from being bored. You get ideas all the time. The only difference between writers and other people is we notice when we’re doing it.
Topics: Writing, Ideas
I’ve met these people, the ones from the glossy magazines. I’ve walked among them. I have seen, firsthand, their callow, empty lives. I have watched them from the shadows when they thought themselves alone. And I can tell you this: I’m afraid there is not one of them who would swap lives with you at gunpoint.
Remember: When people tell you something’s wrong or doesn’t work for them, they are almost always right. When they tell you exactly what they think is wrong and how to fix it, they are almost always wrong.
Let’s start a new tomorrow, today.
This is a work of fiction. All the characters in it, human and otherwise, are imaginary, excepting only certain of the fairy folk, whom it might be unwise to offend by casting doubts on their existence. Or lack thereof.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Edward Lear English Humorist, Illustrator
- Eden Phillpotts English Author, Poet, Dramatist
- Terry Pratchett English Fantasy Writer
- Hanif Kureishi British Novelist, Screenwriter
- Raymond Chandler American Novelist
- John Fowles English Novelist
- Anthony Burgess English Novelist, Critic
- Laurence Housman English Novelist, Dramatist
- J. R. R. Tolkien British Philologist, Writer
- Douglas Adams British Author